Tusk Pannier Racks Fits: 2000-2019 SUZUKI DR-Z 400S/SE/SM
- 18.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
- Tusk Pannier Racks are perfect for all your motorcycle adventure needs. If you have a Dual Sport Motorcycle and need to haul extra gear, Tusk Pannier Racks have you covered. Made from tough ¾" powder-coated steel tubing, these racks are made to hold up. The 4-point mounting system and "bumper support" that links both sides, ensures strength while providing protection to your subframe, side panels, and exhaust.
- Tusk Pannier Racks feature an exclusive quick release system that hold your panniers securely yet allow you to remove them in seconds! Whether you want to take the panniers off for a short ride or you need to take them off during an overnight hotel or camping trip, the quick release system makes this simple and convenient. For security measures, an optional included locking knob threads to the rack from inside your panniers. If your panniers are locked, there is no way to remove them from the rack.
- The Tusk pannier rack is perfect for just about any type of pannier. The rack includes pannier mounting hardware that works with aluminum panniers or plastic Pelican type cases. The hoop design also makes attaching soft luggage simple as well. For the ultimate set-up, check out the Tusk Aluminum Panniers.
- When you are ready for adventure motorcycle riding, Tusk is ready to make it easier and more enjoyable!
- Tusk Pannier Racks are machine specific for a perfect fit and simple installation. \n
- Exclusive cable operated Quick Release spring-loaded pin allows you to remove panniers in seconds. \n
- Made from tough ¾" powder-coated steel tubing and features a 4-point mount system for ultimate strength. \n
- Includes pannier mounting hardware that works with aluminum panniers or plastic Pelican type cases. \n
- For security measures, pannier to rack locking hardware is included. \n
- Rack mounting hardware included. \n
Had moose pannier racks on my DRZ prior to purchasing and installing these. Wanted the quick release functionality with the Tusk Panniers. All in all, I feel I have the best bang for the buck hard luggage option for the DRZ that money can buy. Being able to compare the Moose to the Tusk directly, I can say the Tusk racks have a little bit of flex whereas the Moose felt so solid they seemed like a part of the sub-frame. I had a 35mph off-road crash and the Moose rack didn't bend whatsoever. A few crashes will tell whether the Tusk can withstand the abuse, but I'd buy them again for the functionality. All in all a great product. Also, the Moose racks were symmetrical whereas the left side of the Tusk rack is slightly closer to the fender. I have the large panniers so my right side sticks out slightly more than the left. You can mount the Tusk boxes to other brand racks but you lose the quick release option with other brands. The racks come with extra washers the instructions say can be used as spacers between the panniers and the pannier mount. I DID NOT use these as you get a much tighter fit to the rack. Also, I used a bit of silicone sealant on each bolt to ensure water-proofness when installing the mounting bracket to the pannier. The instructions don't include this suggestion but depending on how you plan to use them, I wanted to make sure my panniers were water-tight. All in all I'd highly recommend the Tusk rack and panniers. There's a great video on the web of a couple guys torture testing the Tusk boxes. What sold me on these so do a little digging and check it out. Happy trails.