The 2008 and newer four-stroke KTMs (and some earlier SX models) use a timing chain tensioning device intended to develop its force using the engine oil pressure hydraulically. The OEM components have serious flaws (reviewed below), which can leave the timing chain in a slack condition. This can have disastrous consequences. Dirt Tricks has developed a simple, effective and failsafe replacement. The new tensioner correctly captures the oil pressure. Additionally, it uses a positive mechanical ratcheting system which prevents it from collapsing.
- If you have a "ticking" noise at idle, on your newer four-stroke, you need this part.
- Resolves issues with a slack timing chain on the new 4-stroke motors.
- Uses oil pressure combined with a mechanical ratchet system to prevent collapse.
- KTM 350 SX/XC is now developed. New part # TC-2 for 350 motors.
- Installs in less than five minutes.
Dirt Tricks Ti...
Customers also viewed